The domain problems are fixed now, and the site is available as usual 🙂
I have recently changed the domain registrar for everywheremusic.co.uk… and then broken the website in the process 🙁
While I fix the website’s domain, the site is still available by using the IP address: 126.96.36.199. I have also temporarily updated all hyperlinks in the app to use this IP address for now, and will change them back once the site is fixed.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused, and the site will be up and running properly ASAP.
I’ve now released the app in the Play Store as production, meaning that it is fully released. If you already have the app installed, you will be amongst the beta testers, and will continue to get beta updates. If you’d rather get the latest stable version, then you can opt out of beta testing via the Play Store. New users will automatically get the latest production release.
New features will be added to the beta channel first before being released to production. This allows me to work out any bugs before publishing to wider audiences.
I’m bringing the production release date forward to the 30th June, because things are going quite well, and two months is a bit too much time, considering what is left to be done. This gives me just under three weeks to complete the following main pieces of work:
- Android Doze support – In Android 6 and above, a new feature has been introduced, called “Doze”. This stops apps from doing battery intensive tasks like networking when the phone isn’t being used, therefore extending battery life. When Everywhere Client is streaming music in the background, Doze eventually kicks in, and the music stops streaming.
- App icon and branding – Once I have an icon and branding, I will be updating the website and Everywhere to match, giving a consistent look and feel to the overall product.
- Website SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) – While the Google Play Store will be the main source of installs, I will be optimising the website to appear in search engine results. This is a no-brainer, as all websites should be optimised for search if they are to attract visitors, however this should also increase installs from users who find the app via the web, instead of just Google Play.
I have now released the app on the Play Store as beta. This means that there is still some work left to be done while I work on making the app more stable, and add the finishing touches.
The app can be downloaded from the Google Play Store here.
The next major steps before release are:
- Move the website to better hosting.
- Fix as many crash reports from alpha and beta testers as possible, via Google Play.
- Improve the Play Store listing, write a description etc.
- Package the server for a better user experience on different operating systems.
- Add “about” and “rate app” to the navigation drawer of the app.
- Design an icon and branding for Everywhere.
The target final release date is 29th July 2017.
Hello World 😉
This is where I’ll be posting any announcements and latest news. I didn’t really intend to have a blog on the site, but this WordPress site came with one already set up, so I thought why not.
The project is currently nearly ready for UAT/alpha testing. Before this, I will be doing some more developer testing on different Android versions. The server application is still yet to go through formal testing, and there are still a few bugs left. Everything should be ready for UAT/alpha testing by 1st May 2017.